Pulmonary & Sleep Specialists, PC
We will file and process insurance claims for all services rendered by this practice. However:
- Co-payments for office services are required at the time you check-in.
- Deductibles and other amounts deemed by insurance as patient responsibility may be collected prior to services being rendered.
- Referrals required by insurance are a patient responsibility. While we will assist as best we can, if a required referral or authorization is not in place at check in, your appointment may be rescheduled.
- For services that are not covered by insurance, the practice requires payment of 100% of total charges unless payment arrangements have been made.
- Returned checks are subject to a handling fee of $25.00. In the event your account must be turned over for collection, you will be billed and are responsible for all fees involved in that process.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment it may be re-scheduled.
- NO SHOW POLICY – This practice requires at least a 48-hour notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Failure to give at least a 48-hour notice or you are a no-show, you will be required to pay $50 ($150 for new patient appointment) prior to rescheduling your appointment.
- If you no-show or fail to give at least a 48-hour cancellation or reschedule notice for a sleep study you must pay $150 for in-lab or $75 for home sleep test to be rescheduled.
- NO SHOW NEW PATIENT APPOINTMENTS – If two appointments result in No Shows, you will not be rescheduled a third time.
Your insurance is a contract between you and your employer and/or the insurance company. While we may be a provider of services, we are not a party to that contract. We encourage you to contact your insurance carrier personally in order to remain informed of your benefits.
Not all services are a covered benefit in all contracts. Some insurance companies arbitrarily select certain services that they will not cover or that they may consider medically unnecessary. In some instances, you will be responsible for these amounts. We will make every effort to ascertain your coverage for our services before treatment and will make you aware of our findings. However, this does not guarantee payment from your insurance carrier.
We realize that temporary financial problems may affect timely payment of your account. If such problems do arise, we encourage you to contact us promptly for assistance in the management of your account. We will allow you 30 days to pay any balance remaining after insurance payment. Our staff may be able to arrange for monthly payments over an approved term.
PAYMENT METHODS ACCEPTED: Check, Money Order, Cash, Visa & MasterCard